Having been owned by this fine family for several decades, the owners have entrusted us to market and sell these 2 historic downtown Louisa, VA properties. You will have the opportunity to purchase these well built structures individually or together if you wish. The great flexibility in zoning make these properties extremely attractive, and the location is icing on the cake! Take advantage of this rare opportunity to Bid Your Price & Buy a Piece of History!!
Live On-Site Auction w/Live Real Time Online Simulcast Bidding for Your Convenience!!
Property Tours: Fridays, May 7 & 14 @ 11am SHARP. Please contact Bill Billingsley (540-894-7162) for more information.
- "The Court Square House" (circa 1859): 8 rooms/2 bathrooms comprising 2,784 +/- sf. on .277 +/- acres in downtown Louisa, VA (featured on the Town of Louisa Walking Tour sponsored by the Louisa County Historical Society).
- Full kitchen on main floor w/stackable washer/dryer
- The one room unfinished basement has a concrete floor
- Slate front porch & entryway, double enclosed heated back porch, front & rear staircase and large rear deck
- Quality pine flooring throughout; plaster walls; several mantels throughout; built-in cabinetry w/glass doors
- Rear brick patio; gravel parking area; spacious rear deck w/privacy lattice
- New standing seam metal roof installed in 2020
- This property has the flexibility and quality construction to be used as a home and or office. The main floor bathroom has been demoed, and is ready for the new owners to modernize it to their liking and taste.
- 1st floor heating w/oil furnace & central air; 2nd floor heated & cooled w/heat pump
- Public water & sewer; electric water heater; property features separate electric meters for main & upper levels.
- This property is adjacent to the Louisa Town Park, and is within walking distance of restaurants, quaint shops, post office, banks, churches, doctors, the Louisa Performing Arts Center, the Louisa Health & Rehabilitation Center, the Town Office, the County Administration Building and more!!
- Internet: Comcast hi-speed internet service
- Current survey & plat (March 2021); Current title binder available upon request
- Tax Map: 40A1-1-60A; Deed Book: 595/37; Zoning: LC; Yearly real estate taxes: $1,062.72; Home was built in 1859, with additions and renovations over the years; WE GUARANTEE A FREE & CLEAR DEED
- Only $100,000 Starting Bid!!
FOR REALTORS: if you have been working with a Realtor, please have them click here and complete their broker participation form. In order for the Realtor to be compensated, broker forms must be completed and submitted no later than 5 pm on 5/20/21, and all terms adhered to.
HISTORY: Located behind the Court House, at 107 Elm Avenue and Courthouse Square, in 1859 this building was the home of Cynthia and Susanna Jones. Originally it was a two-story four room home heated by four fireplaces. Over the years, four additional rooms were added along with a double enclosed heated back porch with rear staircase and a large rear deck. A 19th century livery stable was located on the rear of the property, but could not be saved, and was removed in 1977.
In 1976, this home was purchased and renovated by Jeff & Cochran Garnett, and it served as both their home and Mr. Garnett's law office. As the law practice grew and needed more space, the Garnetts used the second floor exclusively as their residence and the first floor exclusively for the law practice. In 1981, the Garnetts purchased the Dr Frank Woolfolk home next door (109 Elm Ave.), and relocated the law practice there.
This interesting , historic and versatile home has, during the period 1976 through the present, served as a home, law office, real estate office, bed & breakfast, downstairs apartment, second floor title agency, and a rental home.
Terms and Conditions
TERMS: $15,000 deposit per home is due immediately after confirmation of final bid and the balance due at closing within 30-45 days (unless prior written arrangements have been made by contacting Bill Billingsley (540-894-7162). There is a possibility of a lesser deposit if proof of pre approved financing is presented prior to auction. Deposits must be in the form of a cashier's check or certified check (from a US bank) made payable to yourself. A 10% buyer's premium will be added to the final bid, and will become a part of the purchase price. If one buyer purchases both parcels, there will be separate contracts written for each parcel with the price for each to be apportioned by mutual agreement. Property sold in as-is condition, and is not contingent upon buyer's financing, condition of property, appraisal, inspection, etc. Pre-approved (no later than 5 pm on 5/20/21) broker participation is compensated. Auctioneer's Note: All information and dimensions were derived from sources believed to be correct, but are not guaranteed. Buyers shall rely on their own information, judgment, and inspection of the property. All auction day announcements take precedence over any previously printed material or any other oral statements made.
We are happy to offer online/simulcast bidding for bidders who cannot physically attend the live auction event. Please understand and agree that online bidding will only be allowed if the buyer is physically NOT on site at the live auction. Online bidding will NOT be allowed if you are physically in attendance at the live auction event.
ADDITIONAL TERMS for THOSE PLANNING TO BID LIVE ONLINE
In addition to the above terms and conditions, Please read below if you are participating and registered for LIVE ONLINE SIMULCAST BIDDNG
- Contact the auction coordinator (his or her name and contact number is on the NichollsAuction.com site under the auction you are bidding on) immediately if you need additional information.
- Bidder Verification: The identity of all bidders will be and must be verified (via phone, email or text). Bidding rights are provisional, and if complete verification is not possible, Nicholls Auction Marketing Group, Inc. will reject the registration, and bidding activity will be terminated.
- At the close of the auction, and seller confirmation, the successful bidder will be emailed or given the contract package to execute and return to Nicholls Auction Marketing Group, Inc. The successful bidder’s earnest money deposit must be in the form of cashier’s or certified check (United States Bank) or wire transfer to Nicholls Auction Marketing Group, Inc. The entirety of the remaining balance is due at closing. Purchaser shall be responsible for all wire transfer fees.
- Contract Packages will be sent by e-mail or hand delivered to the high bidder, who must execute and hand deliver, email, fax or overnight mail back to Nicholls Auction Marketing Group, Inc., within 24 hours of receipt. If the successful bidder does not execute and return their contract with earnest money deposit within 24 hours of receipt they will be considered in default and subject to legal action. This is a legal binding contract.
- In the event a winning bidder fails to submit the signed ’Contract for Sale of Real Property’ and deposit earnest money as provided in the pre-stipulated Auction Terms, the winning bidder will be charged an administrative fee of $15,000 on the credit card provided at auction registration. Additional default remedies are reserved by Nicholls Auction Marketing Group, Inc., and the Seller as provided in the Auction Terms & Conditions and the ‘Contract of Purchase’. All administrative fees are non refundable.
- Any reliance on the contents shall be solely at the recipient’s risk. Bidders must conduct and rely solely upon their own investigations and inspections. The property is being sold ’AS IS’ with any and all faults. Please review all information supplied, and seek appropriate assistance prior to bidding.
- Technical Issues: Neither the company providing the software nor the auction company shall be held responsible for a missed bid or the failure of the software to function properly for any reason. In the unfortunate event of a DDOS attack or server attack/shut down, the auction company reserves the right, but is not required, to extend bidding time. To minimize the chance of being affected by internet or software issues, please use the “Max Bid” feature.