Auction conducted in cooperaton with Hall and Hall Auctions (Scott Shuman: 970-716-2121)
Since the Washington Family’s stewardship in pre-Revolutionary War times, Clifton has always been a prestigious country estate with rolling hills and captivating views that give peace and serenity to those select few that have called it home. Located in the heart of Blue Ridge Hunt territory on the north end of the Shenandoah Valley, Clifton’s historic homes and 411± acres will be sold at auction on Wednesday, September 14th at 4:00 PM.
AUCTION DATE AND LOCATION:
Wednesday, September 14th at 4:00 PM EST
Auction shall be held on site at the Clifton Farm.
Wednesday, August 17th • 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM EST
Saturday, August 27th • 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM EST
Wednesday, August 31st • 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM EST
Please join us at information dates to learn more about our unique auction process and to further explain this fine offering. To schedule additional showings please contact Hall and Hall Auctions at 800-829-8747.
Please click HERE to go to Hall and Hall website for complete terms, broker participation information and more!
Just the Facts
· Rich in American History
· One Hour to Washington, D.C.
· 40 Minutes to Dulles International Airport
· Easy all paved access from Route 7 and Route 340
· Blue Ridge Hunt territory
· Shenandoah Valley
· Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
· Views of the Blue Ridge Mountains
Acreage (Deeded & Leased)
274± Acres in Clarke County, Virginia
137± Acres in Jefferson County, West Virginia
Deeded Acres: 411±
Total Acres: 411±
The Manor House:
- Classical Revival Architecture
- Four-over-Four floor plan with 12-1/2’ ceilings
- Four bedroom, three-and-a-half bath
- Renovated kitchen
- Central air conditioning
- Several original glass windows
- Seven Fireplaces - 1834 Winchester-style mantels
- Heart pine floors
- Egg and dart crown molding
- Custom pickled oak cabinets and Corian countertops
- Curved pool with waterfall edge and in-pool hot tub
- Newly added tennis court
- Marble and limestone porticos
- All paved access roads and drives
The Tennant Houses: The Tenant Houses are reminiscent of an era gone yet fully renovated with modern conveniences.
Farm Operation Facilities:
- Large bank barn
- Four stall barn, with a run-in wing and drive-through corn crib
- Farm office
- Milking barn
- Three silos
- 15-bay machine shed
- 11 stall center aisle horse barn, with feed and tack rooms
100% of the Seller’s owned mineral rights will transfer to the Buyer.